Monday, August 31, 2009

7 days, 17 hours, 43 minutes

According to the cool little countdown clock online, that's how long until I get on a plane headed for Atlanta, Georgia. Final Destination? On the 13th, I will fly to Delhi to begin 3 amazing months of loving, serving, and showing Christ to the Indian people.

I'm so excited :)

And scared.

And unsure.

And peaceful.

And every emotion in between.

That's been the story of my life for the past few weeks! Feeling different emotions, being broken and stretched, having to make myself listen to Truth instead of the lies in my head, choosing to believe His promises instead of my fears and insecurities, and spending many hours asking God to never leave me. And I KNOW He never will! The joy inside me is growing. How exciting and incredible that at the age of 21, I will get to spend 3 months completely relying on the love of my God in a completely new place. New culture, new people, new everything. I'm being taken completely out of what's comfortable and familiar to me. I should be freaking out, right? Instead, I have a peace that really goes beyond everything I can understand. Why, you may ask? Because I'm NOT alone. While everything I enter into for the next few months of my life will be new, my God is the same. He's the same One who has walked with me through every second of my life up to now, and that's not going to change. Talk about comforting! I'm so assured that no matter what situation I encounter or what I'm feeling that day, the same God who promises to be continually with me and hold my right hand (Psalm 73) will be my guide (Psalm 37). Glory to His name!

So for the next 7 days, I will be packing in a slight frenzy to meet the silly little weight requirements, enjoying my comfy bed and taking hot showers, spending some quality time with my parents, looking forward to a weekend at the beach with my family and sweet boyfriend, and letting the Lord continually prepare my heart for what's ahead. Sounds like fun, doesn't it?! I'm so thankful for the life He breathed into me this morning, and I'm so thankful for the hope I have in Christ. I want those beautiful people halfway across the world, who I will meet in a couple of weeks, to have that same hope as they wake up each day in a completely different set of circumstances.

Not because I am great. Not because I have ANYTHING of worth to offer. Only because He has loved me and been gracious to me. Only because His love for me is bigger than all my weaknesses. Only because He is great and so worthy of being praised and lifted up. I can't wait to walk with Him through this adventure :)

"But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24)

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome becca! My heart has really been burdened for India lately. I would love to go there someday. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete