Wednesday, March 25, 2009

2009

this year has already been crazy and somewhat of a mess... but a GOOD mess. The kind where God ruins your life and the plans you've made, so He can make all things beautiful.

it's about to get a lot crazier. this year will probably be the craziest, wonderful, scary, amazing, fast-paced, unknown, terrifying, satisfying year of my life.

Graduation
Pine Cove
INDIA*
Grown up job

*Yes, I'm going to India...

:)

September 8-December 8. Adventures in Missions to New Delhi. I'll be working with orphanages and leper colonies in the poorest parts of this huge city, in this country BURSTING with people who are so incredibly lost.

I'm terrified beyond belief. But I'm SO FREAKIN' EXCITED. I just know that this is NOT ME. If you talked to me at all before January, this is NOT what I planned on doing. I have never felt called to India, but that's even cooler because this is obviously the Lord. Everything has worked out in His perfect time, and I'm really just sitting back and enjoying the ride.

The next 5 months will be intense preparation... raising support of $6,000, doing paperwork, getting everything finalized. But the intense parts will be the renewing of my heart and mind... the stripping away of ALL that is Rebecca. I need Him to change me before I can go. If I went to India right now, I would never survive. I would be a total and complete mess, and it would be a selfish trip. I would never survive in those conditions, and I would be a complaining, selfish, anxious pain in the butt! And that's why I'm NOT going right now. I trust that by the time September comes along, I will not be the same person. Let's face it, I'm not the same person I was last month. Let alone last year. I trust that He will continue teaching, shaping, and molding me, and that when the time comes, it WILL be beautiful and competely for His glory.

YAY for finally seeing a part of His plan. Now I'm just holding on for dear life. Let's see where this ride takes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment