Sunday, February 15, 2009

Revive me

I've been obsessed with Jeremy Camp this week... especially this song. It's so calming, and I've watched God revive me this week in ways I've been praying so hard for. He is so faithful.

Revive me, according to your loving kindness
Revive me, that I may seek you
Revive me, according to your loving kindness
Revive me, oh Lord

You give me understanding
According to your word
Great peace for those who seek your face
I long for salvation
My lips shall praise your name
I rejoice in the treasure of your keep

For all my ways are before you
I let your hand become my help
My soul longs and adores you
Let my cry come before you oh Lord

Revive me, according to your loving kindness
Revive me, that I may seek your word
Revive me, according to your loving kindnes
Revive me, oh Lord

I feel revived. Praise God! I'm realizing how it's a minute-by-minute, day-by-day choice to see the world through His eyes. I found myself yesterday being so focused on ME. My eyes were back on me, my feelings, my hopes, and my wants... and the second my focus was off my Savior, I started sinking. Sinking fast. Praise God for the mercy that opened up my eyes this morning to the captivating love that is incomparable. His love is SO much bigger and better than the love of ANY person! It's so much better than any pleasure this world can offer. You know why?

His love is NOT conditional. It does NOT depend on feelings, moods, circumstances, or what I do. THAT'S AMAZING! I've never met a single person with unconditional love like His. Even the most wonderful people on earth who are trying to look like Christ fail in comparison. They still fall short in loving me the way I need and loving me like only my God can! That's wonderful. Talk about a perspective change... again. I needed to hear how all else fails compared to Him.

I'm so thankful for amazing friends who can remind me of this. I don't even think they realize how much life their words bring to me....

For Him, to Him, and through Him all things are made. Glory to His name :)

2 comments: